Did you know that the average woman in the States spends $3,756 a year on beauty?
Yet a mere 4% of us feel beautiful.
Does this mean that we should ditch the beauty expenses and forego makeovers? No.
Does this mean that we should choose cost-effective and high impact ways to feel gorgeous? Absolutely.
If you want to ditch the winter beauty rut, freshen up your look for spring – and not spend a fortune doing so – then read on. Because I am going to reveal 7 high-impact, budget slashing makeover tips you can employ to look and feel beautiful for spring.
1. Get Your Glow On
One of the best beauty makeover ideas is to get going on that natural glow. Winter conditions can be harsh on one’s skin, leaving it in a dull and lackluster condition.
Fortunately, revealing fresh, bright and dewy skin is not all that hard.
Here are a few ways you can give your skin a beauty makeover for spring:
- Lemon: Lemon juice is a fairly strong acid that will break the bonds of old skin cells. Simply apply some to your face and either rinse off or leave overnight. This is great to do if you are on a skin fast and don’t want to buy any additional products.
- Exfoliation: Exfoliation is key to removing the layers of dead skin cells left behind by winter. You can use at home items, such as coffee grounds or sugar, or your favorite over the counter exfoliator. You can also try an instant beauty product such as a non-mechanical exfoliant.
- Peels: Peels can be a great high impact way to shed those dead skin cells and reveal new skin for spring. You can either get a professional peel done or try an at-home product. If you want a peel but are afraid of the harsh process, you can look at fruit acid peels.
- Moisturize: Once you have shed those dead skin cells, treat your skin well by keeping it well moisturized.
2. Switch up Your Lip Color
A great beauty makeover idea is to switch up your lip color.
Once you find a shade that works with your skin tone, it can be easy to stick with it for years. But there are so many shades available nowadays – that finding some new lippy in your color palette won’t be too hard a chore.
Changing your lip color to go with the seasons is an easy, cheap and effortless way to transform your look and keep things fresh.
3. Be Bold with Bangs
One of the most instant makeovers you can do is to get bangs. Bangs will change the way you look overnight, and usually in a good way.
This is because bangs are one of the few cuts that suit almost all face shapes. And you can use them to strategically balance out your features. From blunt to shaggy, and from micro to wispy, there is a bangs style for everyone.
Before you take the plunge, be sure to research which type of bangs will suit your face shape.
If you want to be hair creative, but not take the chop, you can also try out new styling ideas. Such as sleek ponies, luscious side buns or a twisted halo. For tutorials on how to nail these styles, read more here.
4. Tend to Those Ends
Nothing refreshes one’s look more than getting rid of tattered ends. Sleek and shiny ends make your hair – and you – look healthy and well groomed.
Winter weather can play a toll on hair, causing drying and splitting.
But there is a lot that one can do to rectify this. The easiest way to rid yourself of damaged ends is to get a trim.
However, this is not the only route to shiny ends. If you do not want to trim your hair, you can try the following:
- Try egg yolks: Egg yolks are known to act as a high protein and fat-rich conditioning mask for hair. If you want to deep condition your hair on a dime, then try this hack to rectify damaged ends.
- Go a shade darker: Darker hair colors are said to reflect more light. Thereby making hair look shinier! If you want to hide dull ends, then try going a shade darker with your hair color for a shinier look.
- Seal the ends with conditioner: For a super quick at-home fix, try sealing the ends of damaged hair with conditioner. Simply apply a small amount of conditioner to dry ends and leave in.
- Do an oil treatment: Oil treatments are a great way to combat dryness and damaged ends. All you have to do is apply a nourishing oil such as coconut, avocado or olive oil to your hair. Then leave in for 1-12 hours and wash out.
- Invest in serum: If you feel that your hair needs serious help, and you don’t want to trim, you can also look into buying an instant beauty product such as a hair serum.
5. Change Your Path
Changing your hair parting is one of the easiest (and cheapest!) things to incorporate into a makeover at home. You will instantly look different, and you can change your parting back anytime you want.
Middle partings generally create a sleek, neat effect, while side partings are great for disguising irregular features and can look fun and laid back.
6. Brush Those Brows
Eyebrows have a big effect on how one’s face looks. Which is why we need to brush them!
Brushed eyebrows that are laying perfectly will instantly make you look polished and well put together. If you have not been brushing your brows, then try out this tip as part of your instant makeover.
7. Invest in Tailored Shorts
Shorts have been all over the runways, and while I don’t generally follow trends, there is one shorts trend that may be worth the investment.
For S/S 19 Prada broke the reign of biker shorts (shudders anyone?) and made tailored shorts the new must-have item.
Incorporating a pair of tailored shorts into your spring arsenal may be a great way to freshen up your look. Here’s why:
- Tailored shorts are somewhat of a classic – meaning you can use them after the trend has run its course.
- They can act as a wardrobe staple.
- You can dress them up or down, making them uber versatile.
- Tailored pants are generally flattering.
… and Now You Have Some of the Season’s Best Makeover Tips!
Contemplating an upgrade to one’s look can be pretty daunting. Even if you feel that it is needed.
Fortunately, you can ditch the stress and get on with looking great.
Because now that you are armed with these 7 makeover tips, you can rock spring with style and confidence! All while striking a balance between saving and spending.