It never fails. Every single time I make it to the gym, I am always so happy to be there (okay 90% of the time – there are also those times where I hate every minute of it). At one visit this week, I literally stopped for a second and looked around and thought, “I love being here … so why is it often a struggle to get here?!” So silly, but so true. Once I’m there, all is well.
- Almost every time I work out, I think, “Just getting your shoes on is the hardest part.”
- I did a leg workout this week for the first time in, oh, I don’t know, 6 months?? I love lifting weights for my legs because when I walk out of the gym, my legs are all shaky and I can barely walk, so I feel like I’ve accomplished a lot. But, I usually try to talk a couple months away from them a couple times a year. I feel like running shapes my legs the best – lifting weights keeps them strong.
- I took my running outside this week after taking a hiatus since before the wedding. It’s been stifling hot in Kansas City this week, so it was a short run, but it felt great to get back into it. I usually ease into outdoor running with quick 2-miler and just build time/mileage onto that. Looking forward to enjoying outdoor runs for the rest of the summer into the fall!
- Surrounding yourself with like-minded health freaks is such a great motivator. Whenever I walk into my gym, I am extremely motivated by the people at the gym. Some people are crazy dedicated! I wish I had half of that commitment.
- My eating has been less than stellar since we got back from the honeymoon. In fact, I would venture to say that we ate BETTER on the honeymoon. Yes. Amazing. I’ve just been lazy and there is no other excuse. Well, that and the fact that we’re using up lots of restaurant gift cards that we got for our wedding. There’s always next week!
Current Goal: Make a meal and fitness plan for next week.
How did your workouts go this week?
Hi Amber! Thanks for stopping by our blog. It’s nice to “meet” you. 🙂 Congrats on your recent wedding! I can already tell I love your style by reading some of your posts. “Save, save, save…and then save some more.” Words to my saving ears. All the best!
Hi Emily! Glad you’re liking the blog! Thanks for stopping by!
Actually getting to the gym is definitely the hardest part. I’m normally able to go a couple times over the weekend, it’s during the work week where I flounder. Sometimes the idea of coming home, going to the gym, then having to cook dinner just exhausts me!
Plus I know it’s my eating that is really affecting my weight. Food is too damn good!
Yes, the after-work ritual of rush home, work out, cook dinner, and then collapse doesn’t usually excite me either. : ) I usually try to work out in the morning or even sometimes over lunch to avoid such a rush after work.
I found you blog from a comment at OneLoveMeg. I like it! Congratulations on the wedding!
I am with you on the workout thing – once I am there I am connected to the experience. Its the getting there – making time when other things could easily be put first. I am much better about doing that now. It helps that my kids are older and I can go for an hour and they will be fine on their own.
I also am working on eating better. I do pretty well but when its busy it is hard to stick to it. Good luck with the plan!
Thanks so much Liane!
It’s tough to make working out a routine! Especially after major life changes — a wedding, kids, etc. Good luck!