FOR YOUR HEALTH
- You’ll sleep like a rock instead of tossing and turning all night. (Bonus point for looking refreshed in the morning!)
- You’re less likely to get sick. Before I started working out, I was sick ALL the time. Now I get about 1 cold per year – sometimes zero!
- Your heart and blood pressure will thank you! Last time I checked, you kinda need your heart to stick around for a while!
- I always feel better after I sweat out a gallon of toxins! It’s so cleansing for your body.
- Everything, and I mean everything, works & feels better: your hips, your posture, your walk, your skin, your glow!
FOR YOUR LOOKS
- Muffin tops, back fat – be gone!
- Pants won’t cut into your hips/belly anymore. Trust me, I’m not a rail, but I used to HATE that uncomfortable feeling of too tight pants in the waist-region. This feeling alone greatly increases the quality of my days – all day, every day.
- The above bullet applies to your entire body, too. Clothes will actually fit you and skim your body instead of suffocating it.
- 2 words: BIKINI SEASON
- Looking better in front of cameras.
FOR YOUR AGING
- I plan to have fun in retirement, not sit in a rocker all day long. Working out will give me the stamina I need live a good, quality life well into my senior years!
- Building and maintaining a workout plan in your youth can help prevent or lessen the ailments of old age. Keep your hips healthy with strong leg and ab muscles, keep your back sturdy by stretching and lifting weights, etc.
FOR YOUR KIDS
- So I’ve heard (and this makes sense), being in shape makes pregnancy & delivery easier!
- It’s more fun to play with the kiddos than watch from the sidelines.
- Who doesn’t want to be the MILF everyone talks about in the neighborhood! (What, that’s not everyone’s dream?)
FOR YOUR MONEY
- If you’re getting sick less, you’re taking less time off work, going to the doctor less, and spending less on medicines. Cha-ching!
- The more you work out, the less likely you are to sabotage your hard work with fast food or other bad food choices. Those things can add up!
- There is something to be said about knowing that you can throw down if you need to, if say, some girl tries to flirt with your boyfriend.
- You can make friends at the gym or use it as bonding time and bring one of your girlfriends along!
- Lloyd and I worked out together a lot when we first started dating. It was almost like an exciting date every time we went. Drag your new girl/boyfriend to the gym with you and pretty soon you’ll be going daily!
FOR YOUR MIND
- There’s nothing like that calm, relaxed feeling that you get post-workout.
- Hate that afternoon slump? Feel tired every morning? Feel like you never get enough sleep? Your energy will skyrocket and those feelings with disappear with a regular and consistent workout program.
- You can actually have the occasional ice cream or other treat and not complain about how guilty you feel for eating it – you deserve it!
FOR YOUR SIGNIFICANT OTHER
- I’d love Lloyd if he were 500 pounds. Love may start with looks, but after a while it’s just about what’s inside. However, I want to be there to grow old with Lloyd. What’s the fun in retirement if you can’t enjoy it with the one you love? Respect yourself and your S.O. with some regular TLC for your bod.
I don’t work out, but if I did, these would all be great motivators for me!
I echo your thoughts on sweating a gallon of toxins. I love the feeling after a long and hard run and how naturally energetic and high I feel.
Good tips! And you didn’t sound vain.. sometimes being a little vain is ok as motivation in my opinion. Its great that you and Lloyd share the love for exercise.. which means.. I need to find my next man at the gym, LOL!
Most of those reasons are why I work out. The only complaint is I have yet to meet anyone at my gym! I didn’t want to be like “hey, let’s be friends…” but maybe since I’m going more often I’ll start to find some kindred spirits.
The only way I ever made a friend at the gym was through teaching/taking classes. Definitely try to take a class or something if you want to make friends. Because, you’re right, it’s hard to walk up to someone in the weight room especially if they have headphones in. Most of the time when I’m working out, I just want to get in and out…but, if I’m in the mood for girl time, I take a class!! 🙂
Great list! I think I’ll be referring back to this when my motivation wanes! The worst part for me is just getting started again after I slack off for a week. Once I get into my routine, I love going because, like you said, it gives me a ton of energy, and I just love the sensation of – oh, i don’t know – BREATHING when I’m wearing clothes? 😉
Thanx for the article!
This list is just what I needed to read today, thanks for sharing:)
great tips! thanks for sharing!