You’ve narrowed down your bed options to Sleep Number vs Tempurpedic. Which is the right one for you? There are actually still a lot of things to consider before you can make your choice. Both of these companies make a variety of different beds. Plus you have to consider what matters most to you in a new mattress.
The information below can help you with a comparison of Sleep Number vs. Tempurpedic.
Sleep Number vs. Tempurpedic: So Many Mattress Choices
The biggest thing to understand is that just because you’ve narrowed down your choices to these two major brands doesn’t mean your work is done. There are so many different mattresses to choose from at each of these companies. Take a look:
Sleep Number Mattresses
Sleep Number has three different classes of mattress, within which there are different versions of each:
- The Classic Series is the most affordable. The least expensive is the Sleep Number 360 C2 Smart Bed. The C4 is the more advanced version of the classic mattress.
- The Performance Series is the mid-range, with more features than the Classic Series. Here you can choose from the p5, pSE, and p6 styles.
- The Innovation Series is the most luxurious, and the most expensive category. There are four beds in this category: i&, i8, iLE, and i10.
The primary difference between the Performance Series and the Classic series is that the Performance Series mattresses offer better pressure relief. They have a 5″ comfort mattress instead of a 4″ one.
The Innovation Series has even greater pressure relief with comfort mattress heights of 5″ – 7″ depending on the style. This series also has temperature balancing features to keep you cool so that you can sleep well at night.
So, there are nine different mattresses across three categories from Sleep Number. What about Tempurpedic? This company doesn’t have specific categories, but they do have five different mattresses to choose from:
- Tempur-ADAPT, which is the classic and most affordable mattress option
- Tempur-PROADAPT, which offers more pressure-relief
- Tempur-LUXEADAPT, which has even greater support to relieve pressure
- Tempur-PRObreeze, which has cooling features reducing heat by up to three degrees
- Tempur-LUXEbreeze, which has cooling features reducing heat by up to eight degrees
Sleep Number vs. Tempurpedic Mattress Options
As you can see, both companies offer a variety of different mattresses. However, they all basically boil down to a few key things. You can get a classic mattress if you’re trying to save money. You can get various levels of pressure-relieving support depending on the mattress that you choose. Of course, the better the support, the more that you’re going to pay. You can also get temperature-reducing technology to keep your mattress cool. Again, there are different degrees of that, and you’ll pay more for the better quality.
What Matters Most To You When Choosing a Bed?
Most likely, you’re going to be able to choose the mattress that you want based on the above preferences as well as the bed size you need and your own budget. However, here are some additional factors to take into consideration when comparing Sleep Number vs. Tempurpedic:
- Sleep Number mattresses have both air and foam for support and comfort. You can change the firmness of the bed by changing the air levels. Tempurpedic uses foam, memory foam, and springs for comfort and support.
- Some of the Sleep Number beds only come in size Queen and larger. Tempurpedic offers twin sizes on all of their mattresses. They also offer the “double” size for some of their mattresses.
- Sleep Number is known for having the most adjustable firmness options, including different personalized firmness on either side of the bed. Tempurpedic is known for having the least motion transfer so that you won’t feel your partner move in your sleep.
- Sleep Number offers a 25-year warranty. In contrast, Tempurpedic offers a 10-year warranty.
- Price varies significantly across the two brands. Looking at queen sizes, the cheapest Sleep Number mattress is $999, which is significantly less than Tempurpedic’s $2199. However, the most expensive Sleep Number queen is $5099, which is more than Tempurpedic’s $4499.
Leave a Comment