I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned it on here before, but eating out is absolutely one of my most favorite activities. Call it a luxury, call it lazy, call it expensive…either way, it’s practically a hobby for me.
Eating out IS expensive, so I try to keep it inexpensive by doing the following:
- Happy Hour – Many times I can get out of a restaurant with a tab under $10 – including meal and a drink – during the happy hour.
- Splitting with Lloyd – How absurd are restaurant portions? We can order a $12 plate and be completely full afterwards and we’re each only $6 in the hole.
- Restaurant.com – Lifesaver. Not even kidding. This website saves me a lot of money.
- Signing Up Online – If you sign up to receive e-mails on the restaurant’s website, you’ll generally get a friendly helping of coupons.
So, to end my 5 day streak of not eating out, I’m going to celebrate with none other than a streak of eating out:
- Thursday – happy hour with friends!
- Friday – Lloyd and I like to go out to dinner just the two of us on Friday nights if we don’t already have plans. The game plan for Friday is a coupon for an appetizer & splitting a plate.
- Saturday – I offered to bring a pizza to a relative’s house for the evening. Well, hello there $2.00 off Papa Murphy’s coupon.
- Sunday – Lloyd and I have already decided to order Chinese from our favorite Chinese restaurants and watch Mad Men to prepare for the work week. I’m ashamed to admit that I don’t have a coupon. BUT, in my defense, splitting Chinese is pretty cheap since they give you SO much food. It will probably set me back $10 bucks.
- Monday – (oh yes, I’m still going) I should get my score for my second CPA test on Monday (fingers crossed!) and I’m either going to celebrate or have an ugly cry in my beer. 😉
How do YOU save when eating out?