What is the deal with Costco?
Well, I’m glad you asked. If you have not been taking advantage of the wonderful store called Costco, you need to hop on it right now. Essentially, you buy an initial membership by paying an annual fee. There are different levels of membership. If you think you will be a frequent shopper, definitely consider one of the upgraded/more expensive ones. It will save you money in the long run!
Let’s talk about living a healthy lifestyle.
It may not be fun to chat about, but it’s vital for each of us. To feel good, we must be healthy. To be healthy, we must eat right. It’s a never-ending circle and needs to be a priority in your life. You deserve to feel great!
So, if you are ready to commit to that healthy lifestyle, here are some wholesome foods you can find at Costco.
- Produce: That’s right, Costco typically has a produce selection and it is totally worth checking out. Some of my favorites that I grab when I’m there are baby spinach, kale, avocadoes, apples and bananas.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: You can get huge bottles of olive oil at a great price. (Check out Kirkland Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil: 2 liters for $13.99) Take a moment to think about how often we use olive oil in the kitchen; this is one of those items that is totally worth buying in bulk. You know you’ll eventually use every drop!
- Nuts: Also, check out Kirkland’s nuts! Costco sells Pine nuts, walnuts, cashews and pistachios. These make a great healthy snack when you’re in need of something to munch on.
- Bread: Some breads are healthier than others, and Costco offers a few healthy and delicious options. Try out Dave’s Killer Organic Bread for a whole-wheat treat, but remember that it does have sugar. ($6.99)
- Spices: Costco has a whole slew of spices for low costs. Try some new recipes and switch things up! Costco’s options are expansive.
- Chia seeds: Try Chia for a delicious super seed. It is full of fiber, protein and so much more. Add it to granola, breads, muffins, or whatever else floats your boat. It is a great healthy choice. (Check out Carrington Farms: 2lbs. for $9.89.)
- Organic Peanut Butter: Give the Kirkland brand another shot (We like them a lot…) and fulfill all your needs at Costco. Not only does Costco sell peanut butter, but they also have almond butter and more. Hit the shelves and check it all out.
- Healthy Snacks: There are so many healthy snacks that you can find on the shelves at Costco. Walk down the aisles and see what jumps out at you. Just remember, stick to the beneficial stuff. Grab some raisons or pumpkin seeds for a quick, nutritious snack between meals.
Decide to begin your healthy lifestyle and go hit up the closest Costco this week. Their nutritious and delicious options are endless, and their deals truly are unbeatable. If you don’t have a membership, go check it out and see if it’s something you’re interested in buying. (We think you will be!)
Lastly, if you do buy at Costco and don’t like it, you can probably return the product and get your money back. Costco has a great return policy and a strong reputation for customer service, so there isn’t a lot of risk. You can also check out their new locations here.
Enjoy Blonde & Balanced?
Subscribe and get regular content via email.