In previous episodes of the “Brown bag lunches” series, I’ve explored my favorite soup recipes for the fall/winter season and my favorite wrap recipes.
I just realized I’ve been eating my summer lunch staple, salads, for like 2 months now and have yet to share my faves with you! So, here you are:
Great salads for summer (or anytime, really)
(In case you can’t tell, I get most of my recipes by doing random searches on allrecipes.com. What can I say…I’m not big on my own creativity in the kitchen!)
- Strawberry Pecan Salad – Nothing says summer like some yummy fresh strawberries! (I make with or without chicken depending on how I’m feeling).
- Cranberry Spinach Salad – Another light, healthy salad.
- Caesar Salad – I know people are normally “love it or hate it” about Caesar dressing, but I love it! (The croutons in this recipe are also a great way to use up stale bread.)
- BLT Salad – Probably not the healthiest of the bunch, but when I found it on allrecipes, I had to try it. And, needless to say, The Hubby loves it. 🙂
- Mexican Chicken Salad – Another one that’s more comfort food than healthy, but I like it because it’s something different. (It’s also super-filling if you’re in a “I’m too hungry for a salad” mood.)
- Tofu Thai Salad – Lots of flavors, and tofu always makes me feel healthier.
- Asian Chicken Salad – Love the crunchy rice noodles…I’m all about a mix of textures.
- Salmon Avocado Salad – I adore avocado on practically everything (the latest Subway “I heart avocado” commercials make my mouth water like crazy!), plus salmon is one of my favorite fish, so I knew I’d love this one.
What favorite salad recipes do you have? I’m looking to add to my recipe book!
photo credit (and all recipes from): allrecipes.com