I am somewhat of a snack lover. Okay, I’m snack obsessed. I have a, uh, problem with snacking. We rarely have snacky foods in our house; for one, because they’re usually not that great for you, and, two, because I will destroy whatever snack that is within days, if not hours. If there is a box of Cheez-Its around me, watch out, it’s go time.
Because I’m so snacky, I usually don’t make traditional meals – with the exception of dinner. This is especially true for the work week.
During the work day, I never really break for big meals. I basically just graze all day (this does wonders for the metabolism, so I guess it works out well for me).
Because of my snacking and grazing habits (why does that make me sound like a cow?), my lunch box is not your average sandwich-chips-apple combo.
Here’s my lunch box for today:
From left to right:
- Turkey sausage. I just discovered this and it’s surprisingly easy to make this microwave-style with some water.
- Watermelon slices.
- Crushed TLC Kashi bar + Plain Greek Yogurt. I hardly ever eat anything but plain because the fruit varieties have so much annoying sugar! I always mix the crushed bar into the yogurt.
- Orange. And a sad-looking one at that. 🙂
- Amazeballz! From Gina at The Fitnessista. These protein balls are AMAZING and you must try them ASAP. Close up picture below.
- Cheese stick.
- The makings for Chocolate Protein Oatmeal (my original chocolate oatmeal dish that I seriously need to post the recipe for).
I eat breakfast at work, too. With the exception of eating the Chocolate Protein Oats for breakfast right when I get to work, I don’t eat anything else at any specific time or order. I just graze whenever I feel like it!
You might notice that I’m missing veggies here … whoopsies. I don’t have any in the house since I haven’t been to the store this weekend. But, veggies are regularly missing from my lunch box. I LOVE roasted and sautéed veggies for dinner, but I always have trouble figuring out ways to fit them into my day (with the exception of green smoothies).
For someone who doesn’t love cooking, I still always bring a lunch box to work every single day no matter what. My work is located in an area of Kansas City that is just ridiculously craptastic as far as restaurants/eating out goes (which I always say is a blessing in disguise for my wallet). No matter what, I always find a way to throw something, anything together to eat throughout the day.
Expect more Snack-Lover’s Lunch Box postings in the future!
What’s in YOUR lunchbox today?
P.S. Can you please help Blonde & Balanced reach 100 fans on Facebook? 🙂 Like me here!