Taking a long soak in a whirlpool bath is enjoyable, but are you aware of the health benefits that it provides to you? If you’ve made the investment in a whirlpool or you are considering changing out your old bath for a newer whirlpool model, you should be familiar with how you can use the whirlpool to improve your health and well-being. Knowing that you can bathe and receive a myriad of benefits for your health makes a whirlpool bath an option you shouldn’t overlook.
- Stress can cause many different illnesses and zaps you of your strength each day. Soaking in your whirlpool bath can alleviate the strain of frustrations and concerns you experience. The sound of the jets massaging your body, the smell of the candles that you have lit near the bath, and the sounds of your favourite music can combine to make your whirlpool bath experience something that you look forward to each day.
- Your sleep will be improved if you take a whirlpool bath just before bedtime. With the Carron Delta Whirlpool Bath collection, you can rest your head on the luxurious headrest, allow the jets to lower your body temperature with their pulsating rhythm, and begin to unwind for a good night’s sleep. Getting quality sleep can help you rejuvenate your body for the next day and will help you to heal if you’ve had an injury or illness that has decreased your energy levels.
- Are your feet and legs always cold? Spending time in a whirlpool will improve your circulation and make you feel warmer and more comfortable. If you spend hours each day sitting at your desk, the whirlpool can help to make your legs and feet feel better and will reduce any swelling that has occurred during the day. Improved circulation also means that the vitamins and nutrients that you’ve taken in during the day will be delivered more efficiently to all systems in your body through your bloodstream.
- If you have respiratory problems or are suffering from a cold, taking a whirlpool bath can alleviate your symptoms of bronchitis, congestion, and asthma. The warm water will open up your airways which helps you to breathe easier and cough less.
- If you have pains from overworked muscles or joints, sitting in a warm whirlpool bath can make you feel a great deal better. Gently rub the sore areas so that you can take full advantage of the soothing warm water and the freedom of movement that you will get. If you suffer from arthritis, you’ll enjoy the relief that warm water brings to your joints. Move these joints gently and rub them with your hands to make them feel more comfortable and to recover some of the movement you seem to lose with arthritis.
With all of these health benefits and the relief that you can feel, investing in a whirlpool bath is an excellent gift that you can give yourself.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles/FreeDigitalPhotos.net