Can we all agree that fresh salsa tastes way better than the pre-made jars from the store? This quick salsa recipe is not only more delicious than the store-bought variety; it’s also a big money-saver when you compare the price per unit. The best part is, it only takes a few minutes to throw together in the blender.
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- two 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes with chillies
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried cilantro
- lime juice to taste
- Simply blend the ingredients and enjoy!
- If you like your salsa extra chunky, set aside one of the cans and add it after blending the other ingredients.
- If it’s cheaper, you can substitute fresh tomatoes for the canned. But depending on the time of year, you may get more bang for your buck if you use canned tomatoes.
- Make a big batch and freeze it for fresh salsa all year round.
Anne Perkins is a freelance writer focused on how to live large on a little living. She writes financial savings tips for the short-term loan service YourCashLoans.co.uk. At her blog, AnnieIdea.com, you can get tips on how to take any idea and make it easier or cheaper to complete.
Photo credit: my_amii